Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do I know you?




Okay, so now I am famous, completely and utterly famous. And I quote "one of the best presentations all weekend." That's right, that is what was said. For those that I were friends with yesterday, I am sorry, but I may have to re-evaluate your credentials, because I have been launched into stardom. I am sought after, I am the best thing to hit the field of social work. They will be whispering my name in awe for years. Excuse me, are you talking to me, do I know you?

Okay, let's come back to reality, that was one person, and who knows what other presentation she attended, it could have been "how to arm wrestle the defiant child to the ground with out injury..." To think that mine was the best... compared to....

I think that it helped that mine was one of the LAST presentations, so when I was done, it was almost over, were they clapping because I was so good or because the three days of the conference were over....

And honestly, I am not that famous, because I could not get my family into our hotel until 4:15pm, when it was promised to be ready by 12, so my very smart husband, gave my babies cookies and toys and parked himself in the lobby for all to see and hear. That worked faster than name dropping my self and wearing my "PRESENTER" tag.

While I was on a break between conferences, Erica went in her diaper (in the lobby and I could smell it from down the hall) and INSISTED that I changed it (and I am not talking pee here people).

So maybe just maybe I gave a 90 minute presentation, at least one person like it, and I have not been launched into stardom as of yet?!

One evaluation said that the material was good, but that I was a bit too sarcastic and used too much humor.

Huh? I mean I am sarcastic and funny, but too much... interesting. And I toned it down for the presentation, goodness knows what I would do, if that person read this blog... just think of what they would say... ouch.

But, all in all, it went well. I really liked it and I did get some good feedback. And I will be applying to do more conferences, because this might be something that I can do to help my family. I did not get paid for this one, but I got other things in return. And I can get paid eventually. God always opens a door, doesn't he?

Now I pray that he will open one for my husband, because he needs a door right now. Or at least a break, and I mean something more than his bones...

So it is over, and I feel energized. Like it really meant something. And I have learned, really learned, that I have these feelings, they are not my gut, they are His words in my heart. So I will be listening and following. I am ready to go where God needs me to be.

So, please if you have something that I gave you once, a recipe, a baked good, a thank you letter, and you sell it on ebay or craig's list for millions, please remember that I deserve a cut of the proceeds. Because it is my name that you are selling. Thank you. And with Steve out of work, someone needs to rake in the dough right. You all can call him Kendra's husband now, his name does not even matter...

Crap, that was sarcastic, wasn't it?! Again.

And if you feel a need to evaluate my post, only positive feed back please! I need my head to be larger than life for a few more days!


And I slept and slept last night. For once! Hooray!

2 comments:

four little blessings said...

I am so very jealous that you SLEPT! You are famous. You rock. And you slept like one (a rock that is)... that makes me so insanely jealous... I remember sleep, glorious sleep. Hee hee!

Niki said...

Best post ever!!! How could any other blog even compare? No wonder you are so sought after. Do you think the children in sunday school realize that their teacher is famous, and same teacher that helps paint pumkins :)