Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is this good news?


First and foremost, let me say AGAIN, thank you. We are feeling so blessed and so fortunate by the amazing little gifts that we are receiving, email prayers, thoughtful cards, wonderful messages. We love the support and the guidance. We feel surrounded. And a little note came in the mail, with a incredible generous gift card to Costco. I have been trying to tell my little Erica that we could not afford diapers, so she HAD to be potty trained. Because we all needed to sacrifice, including her. But, alas, this has not worked and she still is wearing diapers and we received a gift card for Costo from someone (hidden identity) and we bought Diapers, Juice, and cereal, all because you have to put something in the diapers. Thank you to our sneaky friends. I have my suspensions and here they are:

Gift card#1: I think that my lovely crystal chick was behind it. but I am not telling if they are not!
Gift Card #2: I think that we have been getting about four little blessings each day(or more). But this is just my train of thought.

There are not enough words for our gratitude and we are so blessed. We pray for you and you and you.

Now for the "good" or "bad" news. Steve saw his surgeon on Wednesday, he is not progressing, he is not regressing. His bones are not in the right position for the time frame. He is not doing anything wrong, nor is he not doing something enough. His bones are just not healing on track. This is a little concerning, because they need to heal on a certain schedule for a full recovery. So, his surgeon ordered him a bone growing machine. Don't ask, I have no idea. He will be going on Monday to get it fitted and then learn how to use it. He will have to put this wrap on this break site (which is three sites in total because he broke five bones in three sites) for about 20 minutes each site. This should help. If not, he may need to have surgery again. He has a bone ledge in his thigh that is nearly disconnected and shifting, so this will also be monitored, if it does not adjust properly, it will have to be removed. I love this watch and wait game. But it looks like he will have to have surgery for his thigh, and a wait and see for the other sites.

This should not set him back. But it certainly is changing things.

He is still job hunting and trying to be optimistic. He was approved for unemployment, which is good and will start in November, I hope. It is 1/3 of his pay, but we will get by.

Well, we go tomorrow to Grand Rapids to speak... I am very nervous, but I think that I will just do this. If it goes well, I might be able to speak at a few more conferences, and earn some extra money. Which would really help. I just have to get through Saturday... ugh.

Pray for Steve's legs.

Pray for my voice (did I mention that I am sick, of course) and my confidence.

And we will pray for you and your family.

There is joy in the journey

3 comments:

four little blessings said...

Praying for you. For your speech. For potty training. For continued miracles. No further comments...... :)

pasto♛ej said...

praying 4 u!!!

Niki said...

Ohh I'm horrible! I saw you on Sunday and didn't even ask how the conference went!!!! These are times when you should feel free to smack me!!