Friday, October 10, 2008

Before my brain turns to mush... thank you

We received a gift card in the money, sent secretly to us. I wish that I could thank this person. I found this to be so generous and oddly enough, Steve and I were talking about what to do when we become stable financially. One of the things that we said is that we would help out families anonymous with gift cards. And then the next day someone did it to us. God and friends work in mysterious ways. So, whoever you are. Thank you. Very much.

We are going to Grand Rapids for my presentation. And the committee was generous enough to pay for our hotel room and reimbursement us for mileage. We were going to use this as a mini vacation, since so much was already paid for. The hotel has a pool and the children's museum is near by and Steve wants to take the girls to see the salmon jumping in the river.

So because of this gift card, we can take care of some things that we need to do, both cars need minor repairs, but we put off because of money and now we can AND we get to go out to dinner while on our mini vacation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And speaking of thank you's, My lovely Krystle send me a package of my favorite high school candies. What kind of person remembers after 20 years what your favorite candy is? My favorite kind of person... I love Krystle, even though we are not in touch like I want to be and it is mostly my fault, because I tend to move in and out of my life on a daily basis, getting through each day with my list of priorities and I am saddening to say that friends don't get my time and energy that they deserve.

And Thank you to Julia, who did not send Steve candies, but something more appropriate for him, supplements that are geared towards getting his system in order, remove that very tired bug out of his body... which continues to complicate his energy and recovery. Next time, Juls, could you send the supplements dipped in chocolate?! You know, the best of both worlds...

I KNOW that there are people out there who love us, who are generous and thoughtful with us and never ever expect us to pay them back. These are my kind of people. I love my friends, my family and even though our live is crazy, I am learning to adjust and love my life and cherish all that we have, because it could be worse.

And when we can, we will pay it forward. With prayers, with hope and with secret stashes of candy and just in time generous gift cards.

And by the way... the count down is happening... my presentation is in one week. I am almost ready, I have been practicing my "professional" hair style, I have picked out my "take me seriously" outfit, and I swear that I will have the actual presentation done by Friday... and if not, I will be typing as we drive... eek! And the coordinator notified me today that my presentation is at full capacity. Are these people crazy?! Don't they know that I have NO idea what I am doing!

So, send me my favorite chocolates... and send me all of your presentation nuggets for me by Friday...

Steve is doing better, he took the girls on a school field trip Friday, walked alot with assistance, he is slow but getting stronger. He was really tired afterwards but his strength is gaining. Well, he was more than tired, could not move on Friday night. Then on Saturday, he took the girls to the zoo so that I could work on my presentation... and he and the girls were wiped out when they came back. But so was I, because I just might be done!

And we were approved for unemployment, as long as he is job searching, we should receive unemployment for the next few months. It is less than 1/3 of his salary, but it is better than the alternative, which is zero. We have created the Budget of all Budgets! And we refuse to allow these issues to slow us down. Steve has decided to make the biggest sacrifice and sell his truck. I stay out of this decision, because it is his to make, he knows that we can not replace it for a long time. I am not sure it will sell in this economy... but if it does, even more of a help with bills and savings for any troubled days.

So, we will share sundaes, walk to the store, get books from the library, return bottles to get more pop, and count our blessings... And pray. Because that is free to do and always seems to appreciate in value.

1 comment:

four little blessings said...

We are praying along with you and for you... and there is ALWAYS chocolate around here.... ALWAYS. And you know us, we are taught to share around here.... so come on by and we will share it with you!