Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update

Okay, time to stop forcing you to enter my thoughts and crazy pathed mind and touch base back to my lovely husband and his recovery.

He is doing well, he is doing really well, for the fact that he could have died, was in ICU for five days, has had two major surgeries and in inpatient rehab for over 10 days and is currently in outpatient rehab three days a week. He is doing well, but what is well. He is NOT healthy, he is NOT whole and he is NOT done recovering. His bones are still broken. He is much stronger and he is walking independently most of the time. But, he walks with a hitch and he has to sit down after 60-90 minutes of being on his feet. And he is not done healing. By the end of the day, he is tired, in pain and silent. He does not complain. He is not gaining weight (he lost over 20 pounds) and he is cold all of the time, really scary weird cold. He is not sleeping well, because he has pain and is stressed. And he is quiet alot nad I can see the pain and the stress of his face and I work to put a smile on mine, so that he has one less thing to worry about. He is trying to stay focused on where he has come and not where he has to go.

He has not found a job and this is really bothering him. I know that he needs a job, for his dignity, self respect and of course our budget, but he is not ready. I can not imagine how he will hold a job for eight hours. He reminds me that he is trained to work on a computer and this requires sitting and not standing. But his field of expertise is hurting right now and does not seem to be recovery, so he is thinking about what can he do. He can not walk far and long, he can not move and carry heavy things, he can not be on his feet for more than an hour without getting off his feet.

He should have been on disability till November, then laid off (because that was inevitable) with two months severage and then unemployment. Which means that he could have recovered fully without wondering how to walk into an interview without an obvious hitch in his step. But this did not happen, I am not angry at the old company, I can't hang onto the anger, it is too draining, I am just sad. My husband does not feel like he can recovery, he has to stand on his own two feet to help his family, literally and figuratively.

So, he is recovering well, he really is, but he has a long way to go. These experiences has changed our lives, changed his life in small and big ways, and I hope in the long run, for the better.


I am sure that soon I will have some amusing and odd things to blog about. But not now, now I just wanted to let you know, really know how he was.

May God bless you, me and all of us.

1 comment:

four little blessings said...

Thanks for letting us in. We will pray, continuing where we started months ago when we got the first call. We will pray that the part of the "show" you are so waiting for will be fast forwarded to very very soon. Keep on keeping the faith and loving that husband of yours (as well as those two crazy girls!)

Tammy