Saturday, November 15, 2008

Psalms 151

Thanks to Got Questions dot org, I have done some research on the meaning of God's word. At church we have been studying the bible, we are reading, discussing and applying God's word. And of course this got me thinking.

And for those you have been following my word on this Blog know that I am always thinking, always hatching some crazy ideas in my mind. Stress makes me think and thinking stops my sleep. So I pray, pray to organize my thoughts, bring peace to my nights and I pray to help direct my family on the right path.

But then I discovered, in my reading of the bible, the Psalms. The Psalms talk about ways to sing God's praises and your love for God to God. God presents Himself to us, and the Psalms are ways to show Him how much we are blessed to have His glory in front of us. These series of psalms move from fearing God's power, to be in awe of the wonders that He creates to showing God that we see what a compassionate and loving leader in our lives. "I will fear no evil; for You are with me" (Psalm 23:4).
"But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me." Psalm 13:5-6).

The psalms show, prove and tell us that we are able to show and share all of our feelings with and to God. We can have our fears, our anger, our praise and our awe. God will love us and hold us and cherish us, as long as in our feelings, we hear Him. And follow Him.

And there is a movement to create a bible with your very own interpretation of the verses in your way.

Yes, you know exactly where I am going with this one! Create my own verses, my own praises to God.

Whoo Hoo

Hee hee

Okay, don't panic, I am a firmly believer in God, this is NOT a mockery of God, this is my way of making sense of my life and interpreting God's word to help me, to help my family, to bring us closer to God, to His word, to be able to understand the path He has chosen for us. I believe that God loves us for who we are... and I have a weird off center sense of humor.

Psalm 151
God delivers the goods
1 God, You have provided us with our needs
You have given us fruit and seeds to eat
You have moved to help us feel nourished and full
2 Please God give us Your grace as we mix
Your fruit, your miracles with chocolate
3 Give us this mixture with the absence of calories
And the presence of You.

Psalm 152
God brings us peace
1 God, blessed be your name
We sing your name
We praise your name
2 Bring us the wisdom of Solomon
Bring us the love like David
Bring us the compassion and drive of Jesus
3 God we trust in You
We trust in Your word
4 For the Love of You God
Bring me sleep
Uninterrupted and peaceful sleep
5 Please give us the gift of time stopping
For we believe in Your power
Please allow there to be more time between 4am and 6am
6 In Your honor we praise

Psalm 153
Balancing
1 God give us the gift of balance
The balance of choosing good over evil
The balance of walking from temptation
The balance of compassion and accountability
2 God give us the strength to balance
To balance on our broken legs
To balance on our broken bank accounts
3 God show us the way to balance
The way to balance our fears and hope
The way to balance love with awe
The balance to move forward even when things force us to stop
4 Thank You for holding the weights as we try to balance


Your Turn?!

2 comments:

four little blessings said...

You rock! I am working on 154.... I will be back! Pass the biblical chocolate dip, plese!

Niki said...

How did i know that you would indeed find the Psalm about chocolate?!? If you can write your own Psalms then I can write my own Serenity prayer.....
God grant me the Serenity to accept calories I cannot change; the corage to get my butt on the treadmill everyday and change what I can; and the wisdom to stick with it.