Monday, April 6, 2009

The Black Hole

I swear I have dived head first into a black hole, and I guess that I took my family with me. People have seen me and my family, but it is hard to keep up with blogging about our lives.

I can't even tell what I have been doing since the last time I blogged, or what my family has been doing. We have been living each day and then getting ready for the next one. Nothing crazy has happened, nothing exciting, nothing bad. And although that makes a horrible story to tell (Where's the drama? Where's the gripping plot?) it does make for a nice life.

But I should up date you...

Steve is healing beautifully. He is walking well and has gained most of his strength back and feels good most of the time. He has a few aches and pains here and there, but mostly pain free. And I am sure that his aches and pains have more to do with his advanced age than his injury... but don't tell him I said that! His surgeon has cleared him to play hockey... which is good for him, believe it or not. Bones and muscles have good memories and apparently, if you work on your muscles and bones after an injury, they recover better and stronger and in a better path way, then if you let them go... It is not easy for him, he has to rebuild some things, but it is good for him.

The job search is not as smooth... But he is looking in all kinds of places and will be starting some type of training program in the next few months. It seems that his experience level is not as viable right now, so he will start to be trained in a different field.

Andrea turned five in March. Five. This is scary to me, she has the smarts of a five year and the sass of a 15 year old. But all in all she is a wonderful little girl with the love for learning and the gentle soul. She is very sensitive, and a bit of a drama queen... word on the street is that this is genetic, but I won't tell you who... She was talking about being compassionate the other day... I love that she knows what it is and that she practices it with her friends. It is very easy to love her.

Erica will be starting preschool in the fall, well we signed her up. She says "No." "I will not go to that scary place." "I no need to learn. I smart for kinnergarren." Yes she is very scary smart, knows her numbers to 10, her colors, her alphabet, her shapes and she is learning how to problem solve. I am not sure why she is scared of it, but she does not like transitions, so I suppose that this is it. And quite frankly, she will be going and I will be brave as she screams, because I know the teachers and they are great and she will be safe and fine. I am trying to prep her, because most of the time, when she makes up her mind about something, that is it. She is wonderfully stubborn. I love a girl who knows EXACTLY what she wants and how she wants. And she is NOT afraid to set her limits. I find this amusing now... talk to me in 5 years, let's see how I feel then. Again, this is suppose to be a genetic trait, I will tell you she is her father.... through and through.

I finished my book. I applied for a copyright last night. Let me know if you want one, I will sell it to you at a really great price...

Things at work have been interesting... we are attempting to change alot in how we approach students and our intervention processes, alot of these interventions I have been project leader on, I have a lot of training to be able to led these processes and I have done a lot of work behind the scenes. These interventions will change what we do and adopt an attitude that failure is not an option for anyone. So I have been feeling the stress... but I am proud of what we are doing at the school.

We are still on a budget and it is helping a lot. We have not defaulted on any payments and have been managing. Budgets suck!!! However they are necessary and important. And I am not the only one, I just know that you are too! Hey, we will clip coupons and get together for coffee one day!

I am not complaining, but I have been tired alot lately. I tend to put alot of my energy in everything that I do, whether it is parenting, marriage, money managing, work, etc. I am happy, we are happy and we are all fine. However, I am waiting for a day that I can sleep and sleep and then wake up to sleep some more, and then I will take a break to read a good book. After six days of sleeping I will spend all the time in the world playing kitchen with my babies.

And then after day 9, I will crawl out of the black hole and give you a call.

This is Holy week, may this week give you the chance to feel God's love and hear and feel Jesus's words.

2 comments:

four little blessings said...

Hey, don't you have a week off next week? I hear your pillow calling your name!

See you Saturday!

tam

Niki said...

Wanted to leave a comment, don't have much to say. But I thought that if you made an effort to write a blog entry, then I better make an effort to leave a comment. Even though I will not make an effort to write an entry on my own blog....maybe tomorrow? I'm glad to hear that everything is rolling along and boring at your house, it does make for a nice, easy time, especially now that the weather is warming up and you can just sit outside and watch the kids play.